Sunday, September 20, 2015

THE BODHI TREE

"The Bodhi Tree" (10-20-09 7665v2g) is a newer version of yesterday's pic. I probably would have posted it some other time, except that Ganesh Chaturthi started a couple of days ago and I've not yet honored it on this blog. Ganesh Chaturthi is a week long celebration of the Hindu Deity Ganesh's birthday. And given Ganesh is my "first among equals" of a few (not all Hindu) Deities I always observe it. I set up an altar and offer Him a little gift each night (a gem stone or rock or shell, etc.) and sit meditating for a bit. BTW, in case you've not read my previous year's posts on this festival, Ganesh is the elephant headed Deity who's most known as "Remover of Obstacles." Now, back to this pic. The bodhi tree is often associated with Buddhism. However, it is native to India, is often depicted in paintings of Vishnu (another Hindu Deity), and its leaves are eaten by elephants which are sacred in India. So I personally strongly associate it with Ganesh. So, dear Ganapati (another of Ganesh's names), here's a picture in which I see a bit of your home turf.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below “Previous Posts”) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home