Thursday, March 17, 2016

PROPELLING THE NIGHT

The original for "Propelling the Night" (8-22-14 016v3a) is almost two years old. I don't usually like an obvious, sort of flattening or overly fussy outlined effect, such as one gets from "comic" or "poster edges," and other filters. However, the outlining here is more to my liking, nicely thin and clear and consistent. I obtained it by applying "paint daubs" to the original version which added white outlining, and inverted the pic so that the outlines were black. I then fudged with the colors to bring them back toward how green might be seen on a cool night. (The color inversion made it look like a night pic and I wanted to go with that.) I also really wanted to retain those lovely curved wheel-like leaf shapes, so didn't go for any sort of distortion (for a change, smile).

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below “Previous Posts”) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,




[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home