Monday, March 14, 2016

LIFE IN THE SHADOWS

Before addressing today's pic ("Life in the Shadows" 9-4-14 004v2a) I simply must say I don't know what got in to me yesterday. Because when I look at yesterday's post I think "Whuh!?" Can't figure just what I was so jazzed about in that pic. Can only figure the colors totally seduced me. Anyway, now I'm hesitant to say that I really like today's pic, "Life in the Shadows." Because even as I cleaned up a bit of too bright yellow in one place on it, I noticed some other things I'm not sure about. Shapes I can't do much about if I want to leave it realistic. And I do so like this scene as is. It was pretty much like this "live." All I did other than the usual cropping to proper dimensions, was to increase color contrast and saturation to emphasize those cool stripey shadows, and diffuse it to bring out the edges of shapes. I probably also then sharpened it a bit, as after diffuse a pic usually seems to need it.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below “Previous Posts”) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,




[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home