Wednesday, February 15, 2017

AFTER THE STORMS

"After the Storms" (2-13-17 006v2a) was taken right after days of storms. (It continued to clear, though it took until later that day to get there; this was taken late morning.) I've posted other pix of this view but so far this is the best, IMHO. Those dark trees on the left are always a problem. But to cut them out changes how that (would it be called a) headland fits into the rest of the pic. It also loses an important (to me) visual referent for the sort of open embrace of the dry land. (Hope that made sense.) The tide is also rarely so low at late-morning. And, of course, the sun often interferes with any sort of shot in this general direction (in any direction toward the sea). But being a foggy day it simply gave the clouds a nice fuzzy lightness. Then again, now that I've been staring at this pic to write about it here, I'm having doubts about it. Well, suffice it to say, I still very much like the feeling it gives off. Despite anything else I may now be questioning.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time on scrolling down. See the Archives listing in the right hand column (below “Previous Posts”). And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,




[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** Patricia’s dreams & poetry blog; and if you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home