Sunday, August 13, 2017

DIVERGENT PATHS

"Divergent Paths" (8-13-17 018v2) was just fussed from its original pic taken earlier today. I've taken many shots of this view and posted at least a couple of the results I'm sure. But I always have trouble with certain aspects of this particular scene. And I did again: that tall tree in the upper left always shows up so dark that it's quite distracting. (Even as cropped way back as it is here.) However, this time I had the lasso function in Photoshop in my arsenal. I'm still learning when and how best to try using it .. and it worked this time! One essentially draws a loop around the only area one wants effected by a filter/function. Not as simple as it sounds and not always effective. But it's been a boon a couple of times recently. I lightened those dang leaves and even changed their hue a wee bit, without effecting anything else in the pic. Yes! BTW, I did do other work, mostly on colors and contrasts, and a wee bit of diffusing and sharpening. It was good to feel like taking pix on this gorgeous day. I then walked over that footbridge down as far as one can see in this pic, and sat on my walker, editing some of my poems. It was also good to be reminded of all there is to be grateful for in this life.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time on scrolling down. See the Archives listing in the right hand column (below “Previous Posts”). And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** Patricia’s dreams & poetry blog; and if you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home