Monday, August 14, 2017

RISING TO THE OCCASION

"Rising to the Occasion" (2-13-17 007v2) is one I've had in mind for some time but never actually worked it up (if you'll pardon the unintended illusion) from the original much larger pic. It's been so sexual in its implications from my first taking the pic. I've posted other pix here that clearly referenced (even in title) the male member, but this one is the most overt. As I was working on it (LOL! and blush) I recalled Georgia O'Keeffe's fabulous paintings of flowers that have been said to represent female genitalia, while taking a stand within the masculine-dominated art world. And I decided not only to go with this male one, but to post it. Not that anything I have or could ever do comes close to her eye and artistry. I just hope she'd not feel I'm taking a step backward by, um, (attempting) to honor the masculine. For me, it's actually quite a rebellion to express this freely and with only a minimum of mental blushing. And that, to me, is liberating. As to the pic as a pic, I kinda sorta like it. Have some little issues with it, but they're minor and not fixable (at least at my current level of Photoshop skill).

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time on scrolling down. See the Archives listing in the right hand column (below “Previous Posts”). And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,




[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** Patricia’s dreams & poetry blog; and if you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home