Monday, May 21, 2018

ROOTS OF THE LIGHT

"Roots of the Light" (2-7-10 19448v3a) was just morphed from an old version of a really old original pic of mine. Not over the moon about it, but (as I often say) there is something I do really like in it. I almost edited its color to lean towards fire as the shapes and textures put me in mind of the on-going Hawaiian lava eruptions. But somehow the pic wanted to stay with that sense of light coming out of darkness. How dark and light are, at a profound level, parts of the same "tree." (Sheesh! What a lot of philosophizing in back of such a "meh" photo.) BTW, the original pic before all the fudging I did this morning, is of a mass of bare tree branches, with one double tree trunk standing out somewhat in the foreground. You can just vaguely see this if you imagine the pic flipped 45 degrees to the right (the actual orientation of the original pic).

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time on scrolling down. See the Archives listing in the right hand column (below “Previous Posts”). And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,




[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** Patricia’s dreams & poetry blog; and if you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home