Monday, January 28, 2019

HEY! MAKE WAY!

"Hey! Make Way!" (in screen shots folder) is an edited version of a pic I posted here a long time ago. I've been learning to use the photo editing functions that come with Windows 10 and they're no great shakes. But in the process, I'm getting a more thorough sense of how the masses of new info (to me) in Windows 10 all fits together. In this case, the only editing I did that worked, was to improve the clarity (a rather weak sort of sharpening like that in Photoshop), cropped off the excess screen shot info around the edges, and rotated the pic 90 degrees clockwise. The result is a version I'm itching to get at in a more sophisticated editing program ... and that will eventually be possible. Probably a free one, such as GIMP. And lest I forget, I've also learned how to load new photos from my camera. The big problem there? No color saturation on printing, and no such function on Windows 10/Photos to increase the saturation (or even contrast) -- at least in a reasonable way. Making for very pale or way too dark, unusable prints. GIMP or some such program should help me deal with this issue. Sigh. As the expression goes: If it's not one thing, it's another. :-)

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,




[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home