Monday, February 4, 2019

PRISONERS OF PERCEPTION

"Prisoners of Perception" (posted earlier here on 10-28-13) ... what can I say about this one? It's generated a host of versions/crops over the years. This one comes closest to what I recall the original looked like. (The unfussed with shot has long since vanished, I believe, though once I have all my old pix on this new computer it may turn up. Stranger things have happened.) When I say "looked like" I don't mean to say this version was heavily fudged with in Photoshop. It wasn't. I cropped it nine ways to Sunday trying to find the best one. And increased color contrast and so forth. But this is the scene the original pix was (is?) of. I took it at the French Festival, and that table and bowl belonged to a Tarot card reader. I'd just had a reading and got permission to take a shot. I was intrigued by the contrast between those stark bars/shadows in the background, and the bright table cloth with its bowl of colors.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column.
* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home