Tuesday, April 23, 2019

UNDER A VERNAL FULL MOON

"Under A Vernal Full Moon" (8-10-14 008v6a[2]) was just fussed out of a very old pic of mine. Its title references spring (as it is now) but it was taken in late summer. Of course, that's not so hard to understand given all the editing that's beneath what I did to it today. Colors especially influence a mood or time that a pic may suggest. And I probably fudged more with the colors over the years and now, than anything else in this photo. One problem I've had from the start (it was taken in 2014) is balancing it visually. That full moon shape is now balanced, but that moves the leaves crossing the center into a somewhat unbalanced position. I've gone back and forth through the years on which way it works best (full moon skewed to one side or another, or leaves off-center). Or even if it works either way. But here it finally is, "warts" and all. One "wart" being that dark stuff at the bottom center. Now, if I were skilled enough with GIMP I could mitigate that readily, but I just haven't had the energy and focus to wrestle that editing program to the mat. And don't know if I ever will. In the meantime, I make do with Windows 10's very limited Photos editing program.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home