Monday, July 25, 2011

The day after ....


I survived! My photo exhibit was yesterday, which is why no post here then. More on how it all went tomorrow. I'm vastly relieved it's all over, but even more relieved I did not give in to panic and cancel the exhibit -- which I came very close to a few times. Suffice it to say now that it went better than I could have hoped, in all ways.

This pic was in the exhibit on a wall of miscellaneous pix. It generated quite a few positive comments. This is not entirely surprising as it's a picture of one side of the B-Lounge which is where my exhibit was. (To the right is a large room.) I've always had a particular fondness for this photo as it captures the room's peacefulness when one wanders through it at a certain time of day and no one else is around. What was lovely was to find out that others appreciate that same calm when they come through. A calm which constrasts greatly to it's frequent noise and activity (there's a large flat screen T.V. there that many residents have to turn up rather loud to hear; there's a regular Saturday afternoon snack party held there; residents play cards; etc., etc.). Oh, and that's the front of our resident operated and staffed Corner Store on the left.

Gotta get going. Much to do, not only getting my rooms back in shape after the long haul in preparing and then breaking down the exhibit, but photos to print that were ordered yesterday. :-)

Click here to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog. And for posts previous to those below, please see listing in the right-hand sidebar. (Clicking on the bottom post listed will list even older posts, and so on.)

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****

2 Comments:

Blogger Eva Yaa Asantewaa said...

Congratulations on this first outing! And that is a lovely photo that conveys exactly the serenity and airiness that you intended. All the best, Eva

July 25, 2011 at 3:37 PM  
Blogger Roswila said...

Think that exhibit was a "once in a life time" effort for me. Well worth it, this once. More on that in my blog tomorrow. Now not only all the clean-up work and printing of orders, but getting myself together again. Quite a bit of an emotional crash after such an extended stressful effort over at least two and a half months. I went into the Lounge in the photo above today to shop in the Corner Store. Very different feel to it today, with the T.V. going, someone on a lap-top computer, someone else at a table reading, and so on. But that's what a lounge is for. :-)

July 25, 2011 at 8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home