Thursday, July 14, 2011

Believe it or not ....


This particular group of calla lilies that bloom every year in front of our community's front gate, grows nearly 6 feet tall. (I have photos taken with a six foot tall man standing next to them, taken at his request.) So this bloom is actually huge and not just a close-up of one of the smaller ones that grow elsewhere on the grounds. I thought my gushing over these the first time I saw them was due to this life-long New York City resident's lack of exposure to some of the wonders of southern flora. But even native Californians are agog at these particular callas.

I'd have left in background objects for scale on the two calla pix I share here. Only it's a crowded front yard and I've never gotten a good shot that includes background for size comparison. Things like a red pump of some sort, or a window reflecting right behind, or dead leaves from a palm complicate the shots.

Here's another one of these mega-blooms:


It's titled "Sting Ray." :-)

Not sure which of these will make the cut for my photo exhibit, but I'm learning toward "Sting Ray."

Click here to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog. And for posts previous to those below, please see listing in the right-hand sidebar. (Clicking on the bottom post listed will list even older posts, and so on.)

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home