Wednesday, September 28, 2011

CANDIED ORANGE


"Candied Orange" is a vastly manipulated and cropped photo of a bright red rose. There was nothing particularly interesting about that bloom once I saw it on my computer earlier this year. It was lovely live on the bush, but I've dozens of pix just like it. However something about it kept me at it back then. And today it's making my mouth water at the thought of rushing down to our Corner Store before it closes to buy some candied orange slices. :-) (I won't, but it is tempting.)

What I enjoy about "Candied Orange" visually is how it vaguely resembles an oil painting done with a palette knife. (Though I'm afraid my eye isn't quite as pleased with this effect today as it was a few months back. Then again, that could just be my mood.) I don't have a really good pic editor -- I work back and forth between four mediocre ones -- and can't even recall what combination of which functions produced this effect. Especially as editing results also depend on the original photo's focus, textures, darks and lights, and to a certain degree, shapes. At least with the programs I use. So it's always an adventure when I start extensively playing around with a pic.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home