Sunday, September 25, 2011

WALK THIS WAY and BIG GREEN AND PROUD OF IT


I wonder if my old New York city eyes will ever get jaded by these huge cacti (succulents?). Every time I see a perfect one, a couple feet across, I'm blown away. This one in "Walk This Way" grows outside a clinic in Santa Barbara. I haven't seen it as large or perfect in the two subsequent years since taking this photo. But have seen others in other locations equally beautiful. I particularly enjoy the little lavender flowers that grow around it in this spot, though.

Here's another pic ("Big Green and Proud of It") taken at the same time as the above photo. I still haven't found a crop for this pic I really like, but here it is in the current provisional version:


I suppose folk born or living here for many years don't find much of the flora I'm grabbed by so fascinating. It would be nice to think pix like these might prompt them to look again at what they've grown accustomed to. :-) I suppose that's something to always bear in mind. A slight shift in angle, a different time of day or a few minutes later even, and what we see can change. Both literally and metaphoricially speaking.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home