Saturday, September 17, 2011

PETROGLYPH


"Petroglyph" is brand spanking new, a rose center pic taken and edited yesterday. It's probably one of those photos I should let cool for a few days. I often see something that needs adjusting in a pic after my enthusiasm has settled down a bit. The same thing happens with my poetry. But I'm not going to wait, so there! Not much really moves me in a positive way these days so I'm going along with whatever does. I think what gets me at the deepest level about this one is that echo of cave art and petroglyphs. The ancient past swirling up toward us when we view those paintings. (Well, I've never seen any "live," but have seen some amazing stills and movies.)

Given all that I do via computer that results in a photo like this one, maybe I should start calling the process "arted" as opposed to edited. :-) But seriously, for my exhibit on July 24th I had considered a category named "Photo-Based Computer Generated Art." That's a bit of a mouthful, but more accurate than calling my abstracts digital photos. Whaddaya think?

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home