Thursday, October 6, 2011

FOUND COLLAGE


"Found Collage" is brand spanking new. (To be clear, it is not a collage; I just think it looks like one.) As I've noted here before when posting a new pic, I should probably wait a few days for it to "cool." I do often see things I want to change in a photo after a little time has passed, and the same is true for my poetry. But occasionally the urge to "put it out there" over-rides any sense I should wait.

Usually I'm disappointed when spiderwebs don't show in a shot. But this time their almost total disappearance works in favor of depth and layering (along with manipulating the focus, contrast, and colors).

I took a lot of rain drop shots yesterday since we so rarely have the opportunity here in sunny CA. Most didn't work out. But I think that has more to do with my moods. I've noted when I take pix from a place of "I should" rather than "I really have to get this pic!" they rarely have good results. Not to mention that the mix of sun/shadow and shiny/tiny rain drops is rather confounding for this low-tech photog. :-D (I dare you to say that last sentence several times fast ...)

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home