Wednesday, December 28, 2011

RINGING IN THE NEW


"Ringing in the New" is only a couple of months old. It's just a small section of a view I see every day from the front gate of the retirement communiy I live in. The full view is very busy: parking lot, street, island in street, trees framing it all, a roadway running up toward the mountains, and so on. I've yet to get a photo of all that that works. However, I was delighted to get this of those "bells" which are on the little island in the street in front of our community. And of those interesting clouds.

Ah, the clouds. Back east it was rare I was anyplace with such clear and far distance, unocculuded, unbroken by very tall buildings. (New York city living does that. :-D) So I glory in looking at clouds and taking lots of cloud photos here. But what I saw "live" is not often caught in the resultant picture. Most of the time it probably has something to do with scale. Without another object adding a sense of scale, the majesty of the clouds often doesn't come across. In any event, I'll keep trying and experimenting. At least the photo I'm sharing today works for me, even as its title can be read to reflect the approaching New Year.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home