Friday, December 16, 2011

THE VIEW FROM HERE


"The View From Here" was taken over two years ago in Art Alley, Lompoc, CA. That was back at the very start of my photo-mania. Most of the others I took that day are just "face-on" pictures of paintings, with odd perspectives due to size and height. Not terrible, but not interesting even when cropped differently. I'd love to go there again and see what sorts of pictures I'd get now of the many wonderful murals.

However, I recall having good feelings about this shot even as I framed it. I enjoyed that real tree and slice of sky around the corner, so to speak, from the huge mural vineyard. The original photo includes more of the scene surrounding, though not a lot. And I had envisioned cropping it just about as I wound up doing.

As I do not like putting up even a partial representation of someone else's work without giving credit to the artist (or author) I did check online at Lompoc Murals. However, the mural in my photo above is not on site. Though the gallery only shares a very small number of the delightful murals in Lompoc, it's still well worth a virtual visit.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home