Wednesday, February 29, 2012

CAUGHT RED HANDED


Sorry to be so single minded, but I think this title ("Caught Red Handed") came to me due to a thought I'd had about my internet/computer woes when they first started weeks ago. I.e., that someone tried to pirate my cable connection (or to be nicer, accidentally damaged my connection in the cable line closet). The ISP guy is coming a little later today to check it all out. All support could tell me over the phone yesterday was that there was a "significant loss of signal." Well, I won't get too hopeful that it's the connection. My system is 10 years old, which has to be dealt with (upgrades, or entirely new system -- ack!) even if the worst of the slow-down is an ISP problem.

Anyway, to this photo. It's one of my very oldest. It's been cropped and re-cropped many times since. What I find interesting is that words escape my memory that I know as well as my own name. Yet I can clearly recall where each and every of thousands of years old photos were taken. This one was just outside the front gate of the retirement community I live in, on the right, barely two yards from the dining room windows there. Maybe visual memory is somehow more readily accessible to the aging mind than verbal?

"Caught Red Handed" was taken with my first camera, a loaner I sometimes still miss. I have not fooled with the colors on this picture. Though I did do some "despeckling" (a photo editing function on one of my programs) to bring out the shapes the various shades of color and shadows suggested. As well as to make it look a little like a painting.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home