Sunday, April 22, 2012

IN HER CHILD'S EYE, OF MOATS & BEAMS, WAIT FOR ME! & LINES OF SIGHT

"In Her Child's Eye" is a self-portrait. (I really do have eyelashes; they're just white so rarely show up in photos.) A recent digital phtogrgraphy newsletter had an article on taking a self-portrait a day for a year. Hm, I thought. Intriguing challenge. I'd most certainly have to begin using my camera's timer and do deliberate arranging of "scenes." So I've decided to give it a try. Not so much as it's my favorite subject (only partly a joke :-D) but because it will push me to learn more about my camera, lighting, and still-life (if you will) arrangement. This first one is grainy as it was taken in low light with no flash. But I sort of like the softness the graininess adds to it.

This next below, "Of Moats & Beams," is focussed both literally and figuratively very differently.

That's enough self-portraits for today. I'll probably be posting more sporadically as the year progresses, so be forewarned.

And now to clear your visual palate, this next photo below is a new one taken on the grounds of the retirement community where I live. It's another of those epiphyllum buds I so enjoy looking at.

And this last one, "Lines of Sight," was taken just a few steps away from "Wait for Me!" This particular white wall almost always has intriguing shadow shapes on it.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,


[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home