Wednesday, April 18, 2012

COCK OF THE WALK, THE GALACTIC RIM, RIDING COATTAILS, & HALLELUJAH!


Birds of Paradise, as in the above "Cock of the Walk," are not at all unusual around here. But this is the first interesting and decent shot I've managed to get of one that was also in good condition.


Not quite sure why I like "The Galactic Rim." It may be the association for me to things cosmological, especially as in science fiction and fantasy. (Though I have to admit that since moving to California four years ago I've been reading many more mystery novels than sci-fi and fantasy.)

These last two photos are examples of my attempts to get nice shots of these epiphyllum blooms, in spite of it always being at the wrong time of day. Which has meant dealing with back-lighting from the sun or shooting the epi's from behind. (Yes, one might wonder why I haven't just simply gotten out in the early morning. Hey, that's my computer time when I get to play with my dream poems and photos! :-D) The first below is "Riding Coattails" --


And this last one is "Hallelujah!" --


I'd say that last title expresses what I feel whenever I see these particular buds and blossoms, I want to rejoice and praise.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home