Sunday, April 15, 2012

SHOW ME THE WAY TO GO HOME, RAINY DAY NAP, & SLEEPING CAP


"Show Me the Way to Go Home" has two of my favorite photo subjects. That crooked tree against the sky in the distance, and these lovely spear-shaped red epiphyllum buds. Though I didn't get the best angle on this shot, I'm tickled to have captured both that tree and the buds.

This next below is "Rainy Day Nap" (If you think a sleepy theme is developing, you're right.) --


I rarely make it out in the early morning when the light is best to catch this particular batch of epiphyllums. And "Rainy Day Nap" is no exception. Almost all of the shots of these buds and blooms I've taken in the past few days are way too back lit to really work. However, I had fun cropping this one in really close. I've also made some interesting "abstracts" out of some of the back lit ones which I may share in a future post.

And below is "Sleeping Cap," the last in this sleep themed post --


There are actually four blooms on this amarylis stem. And given their location and closeness to the ground, they have presented quite a challenge to me to get decent pictures of. This one above was a "throw away" shot. That is, I just lowered my camera way down, as close in front of one of the blooms as I could get, and snapped. Couldn't even see what was in the camera view screen. Ultimately all I've done to the shot is crop it a little bit and saturate the colors slightly to bring them out (the blooms were in semi-shadow).

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home