Saturday, April 7, 2012

EXPRESSIONISM & FRACTIOUS


Here are two old photos that are some of my earlier efforts at making abstracts. The above, "Expressionism," is clearly heavily color manipulated.

This one below is "Fractious" and is more mildly color-tweaked --


I think of these two photos I prefer the more subtle coloring in "Fractious." I tried making the colors "softer" in "Expressionism," but the picture didn't work at all then, it just looked messy. The problem in "Expressionism" may be the crop, since those greens in the bottom half become rather "neon" bright when I get the rest of the photo at an intensity of color that I like. However, I recall this being the only crop I liked. Ah well, I just put it back in my needs editing category to try again. A further complication? A 4"X6" print I had made of it from an online company is just fine! The entire photo came out a little darker and softer colored. Sigh. And I also know it looks different on different computer system screens -- as do all my pictures. Worrying over this particular aspect of post-production color technology may be the death of the one brain cell I have left. :-D

Both of these were cropped from larger pictures I took of wide open roses looking straight down at their centers. Just about my favorite kind of shot from which to harvest intriguing shapes.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home