Monday, September 24, 2012


OK, I was complaining yesterday here about being stuck, about wanting a new "visual vocabulary." Well, the above photo, Leaping Lizards!" is a result of that frustration. I just sort of kept going when I hit a big bump, rather than reverting to the original as I usually do. Of course, just because it's sort of wild doesn't make it good. But maybe doing more of this will help loosen up my attachment to certain ways of seeing. I also think this quote I just came across this morning from Zadie Smith about writing, may apply as well: Resign yourself to the lifelong sadness that comes from never being satisfied.

Sunny Side Up, below, is an old photo I just stumbled across. Though I found myself wanting to fool with its color or even crop it in tighter, I decided to leave it as is. I saw lots of these sorts of roses here this season and it's lovely to have a reminder of them. Even if it's much like many other pictures I've taken:


And here's a palate cleanser: Upstairs, Downstairs. As I've said here many times before, I really enjoy taking photos of the buildings and stairways on our retirement community grounds. This particular one pushes my visual vocabulary envelope a little bit:


NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home