Wednesday, September 26, 2012


The Sorcerer's Apprentice, above, is an old photo, clearly heavily computer manipulated. It's a photo I've come back to before and tried to do something with, other than simply delete it. I even have some doubt about today's version. (Generally when it comes to working on pictures, I feel like the sorcerer's apprentice in that fairy tale; lots of power at my fingertips but not a whole of lot of skill with which to effectively use it.)

For comparison's sake, here's the crop from which I made "The Sorcerer's Apprentice," Allurement:


Am I being picky? But I could wish for better focus and that upper right hand corner is distracting. Also, I would have liked to have caught those stamens at a slightly better angle. Not a whole lot different, but enough to make them stand out above their own shadows a bit more clearly. Yet I liked this picture enough not only to keep it for two and a half years, but to color out some tiny distracting bits of green at one edge. Go figure. I can't.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home