Monday, December 10, 2012


The Vase is one of my oldest photos, just re-worked this morning, totally turning it on it's head. Literally. Then I inverted the colors, and took them back very close to their original fucshia, and fussed endlessly with the focus to get it more "painting-like" as it was approaching wonky. It's a low pixel count picture to begin with, then I cropped it ... wonk is inevitable. And yet, and yet, it appeals to me. Maybe more as an idea for a painting? The urge to paint still surfaces regularly. As does the itch to sketch. Who knows? In any event, here's a vase on the edge of wonk. LOL, just like me.

OK, here's another even less "successful" version (original orientation, larger crop, colors inverted and changed) of the same photo, Nodding Out:


Must be my (astrological) Moon in Taurus (The Bull) that makes me so stubborn. I just hate to give up on something I feel tugging at me from a picture. Even when it's clear (pun intended) that the focus/pixel count is just not there, no matter how I try to disguise it.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home