Saturday, April 20, 2013


Study for Red & Green is a new photo, just edited this morning. Buds for this flower are crowding their pots and a few have started opening, like the one in this picture. I keep waiting, thinking next spring I won't find their buds as fascinating or their open blooms as spectacular, that habituation will have set in. But thankfully that's not happened yet and judging from the enjoyment on the faces of long time Cafifornia residents, it may never happen. (Yay!) However, one thing that is becoming more and more habitual is how I do "post production." That's why I keep trying to push the limits, going for different effects and colors, trying to prompt some new ways of seeing through this old lady's eyes.

And as I typed that I got the urge to fool further with this photo, so here's another way of looking at it, Seeking the Sun:


I think I may like "Seeking the Sun" more than "Study for Red & Green," though am concerned that the painting-like look might be perceived as poor focus, and not as intentional on my part.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,




[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home