Wednesday, July 3, 2013

A KISS FOR THE SUN

A Kiss for the Sun is almost three years old, just cropped and slightly color saturated this morning. As I started to work on the crop I remembered why I'd left this picture in my folder untouched for so long. I'd have to do a lot of "painting out" of tiny bits of distracting background and that sort of work is my least favorite. But it's such a sweet little rose with its soft pucker. And I thought a straightforward shot might be a good palette cleanser given the heavily edited pix I've been posting recently. So I bit the bullet and did the painting out by mouse. (Now that I see it against a dark background, I note that it could probably use some more painting out in the upper left. I had tried a closer crop at one point that eliminated that leaf. But the change in relative scale changes that sense of the rose's smallness. Maybe some other day I'll do the extra cleaning up of that leaf on this crop.)

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home