Saturday, September 14, 2013

EGG OF THE CHIMERA

Egg of the Chimera (9-12-13) is a very new photo, just fussed with this morning. It's from that folder I posted pix from yesterday. (The tree trunk became the "egg.") My first attempts were aimed at a straight forward crop, no fussing. But it just wasn't working. So I gave up and began applying filters to it, even repeating some, more than I have so far on any other picture. (Was sort of experimenting to see how long it would be before its quality totally degraded.) Then I found I liked this result and stopped trying filters and percentages and angles. Of course, then I had to fool with the colors, but that took less time. My old 1960's hippie self jumped up and down at these. BTW, this is one of those pix that really looks better larger so I suggest clicking on the photo. In most browsers you'll get a bigger version to view.

NOTE: There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home