Saturday, March 22, 2014

IN FOND MEMORY

Sad but true. This tree ("In Fond Memory" 1-15-11 10392e) just inside our front gate was cut down two days ago. I'd go into the story behind that (at least as far as I what I've heard and admittedly not from the mouths of those making that decision) but it's a lot to type. Not to mention it will simply make me all the more sad. I have other photos of it but it took me quite some time to ferret out this one, going back through dozens and dozens of folders. More importantly I still have the joy it gave me, year round. Even when it was dropping it's pesky large round seeds that made walking rather a challenge. (Especially once they'd get squashed by walker wheels and make the sidewalk slippery.) The space where it shared its quirky beauty and bounty now glares emptily and the exposed buildings seem out of place. But time will change all that. New things will grow there. And I am grateful I got to enjoy six years of this gracious old tree.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home