Friday, April 10, 2015

DEITY OF LETTERS

"Deity of Letters" (9-5-14 005v2) was taken last fall during my observation of Ganesh Chaturthi (festival celebrating the birth of Ganesh). I came across it opening pic folders at random, looking for something ready to post. I'm running way behind schedule and don't have time to fuss at anything. What a delightfully Ganesh thing to have happen that I'd come quickly to a pic (and one of Him). Also timely in that I've been feeling blocked by some issues in my life. And one of his primary attributes is "Remover of Obstacles." BTW, the title plays with the fact that the sword He's holding is a letter opener I keep there. However, a deeper level is a reference to a story about Him taking dictation from Shiva. And when His pen broke, rather than waste any time going to get another one, He broke off one of His own tusks and used it to continue to write. Back to this pic: after taking it last fall, I cropped it just a little and saturated the colors a wee bit.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home