Friday, September 25, 2015

GANESH CHATURTHI ALTAR 2015

Only for Ganesh would I keep trying to take this sort of photo. Can't tell you how many settings I've tried, both this year and last, that did not work at all. And the many different times of the day I tried taking pix, and with/without lamps on, etc. All these reflective surfaces, too, are a misery. As I say, only for Ganesh. Smile. Anyway, I share this not very well focused pic [9-25-15 009v2] because it actually not only encompasses the entire altar, but doesn't have one white glare of light anywhere in it. (Thanks to all the Deities for that little miracle!) I also wanted to show the little gift corner after all had been offered. It's to the right, below the small square white frame with the gold foil Ganesh in it. I noticed that white circle in the cloth when I placed the first gift there. And decided to keep each successive evening's gift within its curve. The last placed there was actually a surprise gift I received from a friend yesterday. She said she's been enjoying these posts. It's that little metallic medallion Ganesh in the shell just behind the orange gem stone. And so the gifts go 'round and 'round. Something I'd do well to remember when, as they have been a lot recently, the days get hard. And when Ganesh is always here for support and joy and playfulness. Happy Birthday, sweet Ganapati, until your festival next year -- and all the coming year through.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below “Previous Posts”) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home