Friday, May 27, 2016

THE STORM'S PASSED

"The Storm's Passed" (4-8a-15 026v3) has been hanging around for over a year, awaiting what I knew would be some frustrating work to fix the contrast. I.e., the original had an overly dark contrast that I'd fussed with when I first took it, and messed up. But I've always liked this view (and the one in the wider crop that takes in stairs up the side of that building) so I kept it. And today I decided to do or die. Well, I'm not certain this isn't a "die." The contrast is improved but still not quite right. Yet, it was taken by the last of storm light, which is different from sunny or overcast. So I'm leaving it be as it is now. The thing that gave me the most fits, however, was that umbrella. Adjusting its hue so that it didn't take over the pic like a stop light was no fun. I was surprised to find out how much of the rest of the pic was underlain by the same orange-red of that umbrella! I'd adjust that particular color and other spots I didn't want changed became icky shades. This isn't the first time, nor will it be the last, that I've come across this issue. It's just that it's usually more obvious how widespread a hue may be.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below “Previous Posts”) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,




[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** Patricia’s dreams & poetry blog; and if you wish to copy or use any of her writing or photos, please email her for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home