Thursday, February 16, 2017

SUNSET, CHRYSLER BUILDING MANHATTAN, N.Y.C.

"Sunset, Chrysler Building, Manhattan, N.Y.C." (2-13-17 021v2c) was just morphed yesterday from a brand new pic, and picked at a wee bit this morning. I did not set out to morph a pic of Manhattan, or even buildings or skyline. But I have been thinking a lot more than usual about my life long home town of New York City so it's not surprising that I'd see Manhattan's Chrysler building (tall central shape) in this abstract. There's very little I miss about New York City other than it's fabulous, multi-leveled poetry community. But it does house all of my memories, except for those of these last 9 years in CA, so it comes up regularly in my thoughts. Although I resided only very few of my 60+ years there in NYC, in the borough of Manhattan, it was pretty much where I spent most of my time. That island was (and still is, of course) the "go to" place for work and entertainment. Manhattan's Chrysler building is only a block from where I worked during my last several years in NYC, which is right across from the famous Grand Central Station. And there were many other times during my 46 working years that I had employment near the Chrysler building, though don't recall ever having employment in it. I always thought it was exceptionally visually pleasing:

Of the many pix I just viewed online, the above pic comes closest to how I was used to seeing the Chrysler building every weekday morning, as I left Grand Central Station, headed to what turned out to be the last job I had in New York.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time on scrolling down. See the Archives listing in the right hand column (below “Previous Posts”). And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,




[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** Patricia’s dreams & poetry blog; and if you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home