Tuesday, September 5, 2017

LAST NIGHT

As mentioned yesterday, here's this year's Ganesh Chaturthi altar, with all the little gifts (one placed there each evening I sat there and "meditated"). The gifts are all in a little group in the lower right edge. Lots of shiny things (I'm a sucker for reflections and iridescence and light refraction). There was also a vase of (artificial) flowers in the upper left. And on the wall above those background shelves are more Ganesh pix. The flowers, the wall pix, and the shelves are there permanently. As are a few of the Ganesh's seen here. I just add more Ganesh's and whatever else catches my fancy when Ganesh Chaturthi comes around (end of August/early September). Thank you dear, sweet Ganesh for being with us. (Guess I should note: I relate to all Deities as faces of the Great Unknowable. That which my tiny human mind can't grasp in its enormity. But does catch the briefest of awesome flashes of an occasional aspect of its profundity, in one of the many Deities we identify as it. And Ganesh is my favorite. First among equals, I should say.)

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time on scrolling down. See the Archives listing in the right hand column (below “Previous Posts”). And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,




[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** Patricia’s dreams & poetry blog; and if you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home