Saturday, February 10, 2018

THE SOURCE OF ALL GEMS

"The Source of All Gems" (11-26-17 024v3b) was taken very recently and just now fudged into this shape/condition. It's certainly nothing to write home about, but I like it. Mostly because I relate it not only for the sacred lotus (at bottom of pic) but for a vague suggestion of the High Priestess in the Tarot over all. (It's said the waters trailing from the High Priestess's robes are the source of the water seen anywhere else in the 78 card deck.) The rough gems are those five weird, sorta multi-colored blobs above the lotus. (I re-colored them, BTW, to make them "pop" a bit more.) They were actual gem stones of which I took pix, against a piece of patterned purple cloth I use to cover my computer screen at the end of a work session. (Which cloth is actually a solid purple with the patterns vaguely "see through." So its colors, too, were fudged with.) I took many other photos that day of many sorts of gems that a friend left with me to play around with for pix. I'd not had much hope they'd be good pictures of gems. I've never applied myself to learning how to take proper pix of shiny, glittery things. But did hope for some interesting templates for photomorphs. And that I did wind up with. Of course, each time I open this folder I find myself trying to "reclaim" them as decent photos of the gems. A frustrating effort, but it leads to some intriguing failures that I then morph into something else. Like today's "The Source of All Gems." Kinda like life, ain't it? Hope for one thing, get another. It's what you do with what you get that matters. Yikes! I'm thinking too much again.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time on scrolling down. See the Archives listing in the right hand column (below “Previous Posts”). And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** Patricia’s dreams & poetry blog; and if you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home