Friday, September 9, 2011

CHANNELING


"Channeling" is brand new and the result of something I'm enjoying doing more and more: heavy computer manipulation. About the only thing left here of the original pic is the shapes and lines. It's rare that I actually take a photo with "malice of forethought" aimed at producing an abstract and/or oddly colored pic. I usually move into tighter and tighter cropping and color experimentation only when my original literal vision for the picture is not manifesting in any way. Once in a great while I'll see something on a photo walk that cries out to me for an abstract treatment. But this is rare.

In this instance, I did get the initial literal shot I was hoping for, but it was just not interesting. However, I was still drawn to the curves and lines. Just as as when I was a kid and I'd see something (e.g., a plant, a bird, a fish, a boat) whose lines and shapes made my fingers itch to try to draw it.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****

2 Comments:

Blogger Eva Yaa Asantewaa said...

Sophisticated and intriguing!

September 9, 2011 at 1:46 PM  
Blogger Roswila said...

Argh! Between Google and Yahoo sign-in names I'm going to lose my mind and then I won't need a name because I'll be locked away somewhere .... i.e., just trying to leave an answer to comment on my own blog is worth my sanity these days.

But to your comment, thanks! I was worried I'd cropped it past any sort of interest. But the early crops were sort of tipsy and what was in my mind cried out for balance. :-)

September 10, 2011 at 11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home