Friday, October 7, 2011

FAIRIES LEAD THE WAY


Hoo-kay. I'll fess up. I've wanted to post "Fairies Lead the Way" since first editing it, but just didn't have the courage. However, on seeing it again today I'm intensely drawn to the fairyland feel of it. I can imagine something similar illustrating one of the fantasy books I often read before sleep at night. By the way, those blue "fairies" at the bottom were large red blossoms that were falling apart. Yet even in their original akimbo red gowns I could see a suggestion of fairy wings ....

Which comment leads me to something I'm thinking more and more often as I post to this blog. I've been noting how much my highly associative imaginings determine what I choose to photograph, and even more so what I then do post production. I wonder if my imaginings aren't too "far out" (beyond the communal pale, i.e. too personal) for others to relate to. (Same is true for my poetry, especially those based on dreams.) I suppose there are folk who don't worry about a viewer or communicating. And at a very primary level, neither do I. But a blog is by definition about sharing with others. So just what am I sharing and what would I hope others might get from it? I suppose, as I've stressed with respect to my poetry, that they bring themselves, their experiences, to my pix and see what happens.

I hasten to add that the above paragraph is not intended to address issues such as artistic values (e.g. composition) or technical aspects (e.g. focus, white balance, etc.). But what I experience as the joyful creative imperative of imagination and where that leads me to wander.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home