Monday, March 19, 2012

GARDEN SLIDE


"Garden Slide" is two years old. It's another picture of mine that I have a certain liking for. It's partly the color of those orchids; the only color the beats it in my book is a deep purple. Also, as my camera doesn't do well with the intense contrast this sort of color generates, to have this lavender-pink show up passably well is a treat.

Guess it's past time for me to start taking some new photos. I found it almost (shock! :-D) boring this morning to go through my "same ole, same ole" picture files for something I could feel OK about posting here. Our gardens here are certainly showing all the engaging signs of spring. If it were just a matter of snapping one photo I'd have started taking pictures again already. But it's like that old potato chip ad: I can't have just one. I wind up wandering and snapping away endlessly, and messing up my schedule. Now, if that last statement isn't silly, I don't know what is! I'm retired and not working (even on a break from my volunteer work), what schedule do I truly have?

So all that said was just to arrive at the confession to myself that I've been wondering about the quality of my pictures, and whether beyond the pleasure they give me they are worth anything at all. Well, I now add that my finding personal worth in taking and sharing them is certainly reason enough to continue. Not to say I can't also continue to try to improve technically... so, take that you critical internal commentator!

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home