Thursday, April 26, 2012

AT THE GATES, AGAINST THE WALL, & EXPECTANT

The color of the bougainvillea in "Lighting the Way" knocks my socks off. Beyond the fact it's just a delicious color, I think there's a deep childhood memory tugging. We lived in Florida when I was a toddler and some of my earliest memories are of colorful flowers.

And another in the same color family as the bougainvillea, "Writing on the Wall." Actually the light bouncing off that white wall behind these petals makes the color lighter than it is. This epiphyllum bloom is really a deep red, with that undertone of pink that comes out when back-lit or in strong sunlight.

Now, relief from bright color in "Expectant." I caught a couple other shots of this just-about-to-rain sky yesterday, but they need work yet. I caught that fanning out banana leaf plant silhouette in this picture, in a failed shot a while back so was happy to catch it better this time. This particular photo is the type I always put in my "Haiga, notecard..." category (among other categories) as it will nicely accommodate lettering in that sky space.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,


[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home