Thursday, March 22, 2012

XYLOPHONE, BENCH WARMER, and SETTING THE SCENE


"Xylophone" is exactly two years old, snapped on one of the regular long walks I was able to take before my arthritis advanced. This tree and the (now completed) construction are in Isla Vista, a small shopping and restaurant area between Goleta where I live, and UCSB. I used to really enjoy walking there, having lunch in a large airy pizza parlor across and down the street from this tree, then doing a little bit of shopping.

Here's "Bench Warmer," taken inside that pizza parlor:


And here's a going on three year old photo of that same pizza place, "Setting the Scene." It wasn't always so empty; it's just that I liked to get there either before or after the lunch hour folk (mostly university students). You can see the tree in the first picture above, in the background left of middle:


Ah, well, that's enough walking (metaphorically speaking) down memory lane for today.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home