Tuesday, March 20, 2012

THE OFFERING


I'd had no plan to post a photo here today. But was doing some heavy editing and wound up with the above version of a two and a half year old picture. It calls to me, so it's "The Offering" for today. And, yes, it is now in my "Hommage pour Hommes et Femmes" category. :-D That's the category in which my more Georgia O'Keefe-like and phallic flowers wind up. Though this is not the only reason I like it.

Also, I deliberately worked on this one to make it look as painting-like as I could. Given my recent increasing urge to do this with photos, maybe I should not only be sketching (as I mentioned in an earlier post) but trying my hand a water colors again. We'll see. Given my state of mind I'm just grateful I still feel like editing pictures on the computer.

By the way, when I say "heavily edited" that does not mean I actually move around or change the shapes or elements within a photo. I don't. I.e., those delightful petal shapes and curves were there from the giddy-up and I had a lot of fun high-lighting and "despeckling" them, once I'd stumbled on a crop I liked.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home