Monday, April 30, 2012

THE JEWEL IN THE LOTUS, LEMNISCATE, & THE SOLOIST

All three photos today are brand new, taken within the past couple of days. And all three are only one of several of the same bloom. The first above is "The Jewel in the Lotus." These were hard blooms for me to get good pictures of at that time of day. They are very pale blossoms and were slightly backlit. But this crop of the center of one proved to be quite intriguing.

I had great fun photographing this sea onion stem below from many different angles, which of course gave it very different settings and shadows. I can only figure when it first started growing it didn't "know" that there was permanent shadow in front of it (from a building). But caught on and made a quick turn around. :-) This picture is called "Leminiscate" --

The last photo below was taken in the same area of our memorial rose garden as the first photo above. It's color is just as spectacular "live." I had a hard time choosing which to share of the several I have of it. And finally settled on this one as the angle at which I caught it's center is most interesting of the batch. It's called "The Soloist" --

Although it's wonderful to be taking photos again I'm going to have to discipline myself soon. I'm starting to prepare for another photo exhibit here in July. That may seem like a long time away, but I have tons of photos to go through, plus other types of organizing. Such as choosing pictures for, then designing and ordering sample greeting cards from the online printer I use, for folk to order if they so wish.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home