Saturday, July 28, 2012


... and here I am, back to a flower center again. Hatching is an almost two year old photo that I just edited this morning (extensive cropping, but only minor color saturation and "texturizing"). It's one of those that was just too busy in its original form (lots of blossoms, most of them floppy side views, and too much distracting greenery). But I liked the particular rose this version is cropped from the center of, so saved it. Thinking to work on it some time in the future.

In the first year and a half, I had no idea what a huge undertaking digital photography would become for me. So I just left photos I wanted to work on some other time in their folders with no particular "flagging." Thinking I'd remember to come back to them, but this proved to be wishful thinking, as the numbers of photo file folders continued grow on my computer. Eventually, I realized I could - and should - have a computer category called "needs editing," and began so flagging those yet to be worked on. However, "Hatching" is one of those from before the time of that category, and there are many others. Hopefully I'll keep stumbling across them when I wander aimlessly through my oldest picture folders. As happened with "Hatching" today.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home