Thursday, July 19, 2012

THE ALCHEMIST


The Alchemist (above) is a brand new edit of a nearly three year old photo. Until I tried "reversing" the colors in this shot this morning, it was just another of the many mediocre pictures I have of these amazing amaryllis blooms. I really liked the reversal effect, and then had great fun choosing the single color range I wanted and the proper crop. Of course this version hasn't had a chance to "cool" yet so I may not be as fond of it a few days from now. But here it is anyway, hot from the crucible, so to speak.

And here's another almost three year old picture. A dear friend commented on these same color blossoms as we passed by them last night after dinner, so this photo came to mind, Reveille:


The only thing I did to "Reveille" was to saturate the colors slightly, as it seemed a little pale. (Of course, I hasten to add that perception might be an indication of how my cataracts have advanced in the three years since first taking the photo.)

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home