Sunday, July 29, 2012


The title for this one, The Lid Comes Off, unintentionally reflects how I'm feeling since I took the first batch of photos in many weeks, yesterday afternoon. However, although I was very enthused most were ultimately disappointing. I'd forgotten how unpredictable my camera's focus has become (and I think it's a progressive decline as my admittedly low-end camera ages). What works one time in a particular light on a particular subject, will not work the next time under the same conditions. But I did manage to harvest a few pictures I'm content with and several I will work on later. And it felt quite delightful to work on spanking new photos.

Here's another from yesterday's batch, One Source:


I've noticed, more and more, that I tend to a certain style of cropping, and choice of subject (e.g. flower centers) and colors. So I've been experimenting with other crops, colors, and subjects for a while now. That's how I came to the coloring for "The Lid Comes Off" -- resisting my usual bent for the purple and blue family. (I hasten to add, that I like the dusty pinkish hue.) And though the crop for "One Source" is rather typical of me, in my defense it was the best available given all the picture's givens.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home