Saturday, January 12, 2013


The original for Petaluma is three years old, but this version (above) was just made this morning. My urge was to call it "Petaluna" (as in petal-moon). But living as I do in California with a city named Petaluma, I figured many folk would think that was either a typo or my ignorance. So I settled on "Petaluma," which is not far off in that it's an old indian name that one web site says means "Valley of the Little Hills."

And here, below, is Sonrisa, another new version of that same old photo. Hope I'm not stating the obvious, but I enjoy the similarity of "Sonrisa" which is spanish for smile, to the english word sunrise. By the way, this version is colored very much like the real flower. I only intensified the colors somewhat to see if I could bring out the seeds at the center, and then liked how much warmer the entire picture appeared. (We've been having some unusually wintery weather -- at least for the five winters I've been living here. No wonder I liked that warming effect.)


NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home