Saturday, January 19, 2013


Presentation (above) was taken over three years ago in that favorite stand of cannas on our grounds. I went looking for canna pix as this is the time of year that this stand looks extremely ragged. No blooms, of course, and the few leaves are mostly tatty. I miss their colorful, graceful profusion.

As usual, I could not resist fooling with this picture. Below is Spill Off:


And next below is Bluebeard, from a different photo but the same batch:


I did try other colors than that lovely blue. None really worked, but then again, I will admit to being more than a bit partial to the blue (and purple) family of colors.

Just one more, from the same batch, and this is how I edited it those years ago. I.e., I've not touched it today except to clean up that over-sharpening effect. (I'd initially done it in a different program which made some of the edges of the curves look heavily doubled.) I've always sort of liked this "pointillist" look but rarely use it. The name is Points of View:


NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home