Thursday, February 21, 2013


Sticky Wicket was just re-worked today from an older photo. It's probably clear to anyone following these posts that I enjoy taking photos of the stairs on our grounds. Not only are the shapes and shadows intriguing but they present the challenge of lining up various horizontals and verticals within the shot. I.e., which need to be lined up with the photo's edge and which can stay "tilted" (at least by my eyes). In this respect, I have often cropped an original, then found myself having to tilt the photo a bit as the visual balance had changed. This was the case here. After cropping and lining it up, it was changed to this single hue (after first trying sepia tones and many other colors). This hue, by the way, is in the same family as the actual color of the railings (only it's darker "live").

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home