Saturday, November 9, 2013

APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE; & WINTER SUN

Well, no sooner said than done ... these two today were just taken yesterday and worked on this morning. They are of some of the late season blooms we get in our memorial rose garden. Applause, Applause (11-9-13) is above. It's one of those rare photos I haven't messed with a whole lot (only cropped and slightly color saturated). As is my wont, most of the pix in this new batch are already "going abstract" or at least being heavily fussed with. Like Winter Sun (11-09-13) below:


I have to admit that both these pix are an awful lot like other flower center pix of mine. Yet, I have begun to wonder if that might not actually be OK. As long as I also keep trying out other approaches and learning about new functions I can apply. In any case, I have the luxury of pretty much doing what I please with my pix, answering really only to my own inner critic. (E.g., I'm not trying to win contests with or sell my photos, or even develop lots of traffic to this blog.) Though I'd best not make light of my inner critic's influence, which can be rather intense.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home